The government has restored many facilities for pensioners. The most important in this is the convenience of collecting a life certificate from home.
Looking at Covid-19, the government has taken several steps to facilitate pensioners. This has made pensioners very comfortable. If you are also a pensioner, it is important for you to know these facilities.
- Pensioners have to submit a life certificate every year. Based on this, their pension is released. Now the deadline for submission of this has been increased. Now pensioners can deposit it by 28 February 2021.
- Now there is no need to go to the bank to submit a life certificate. India Post Payment Bank has arranged to collect life certificate at home.
- Doorstep banking has been started for the customers of public sector banks. Under this, a life certificate is being collected from home.
- Electronic pension payment order ie e-PPO has been linked with DigiLocker. This will create a permanent record of PPO in DigiLocker. Pensioners can get instant copy or print out of their PPO from here
- In order for the pensioner’s money to be credited to their account on time, the CPPC and CPAO of banks have been asked to use electronic mode by the government.
- Government has made some reforms in pension rules in view of Covid-19. One of these rules is Rule 64 of CCS (Pension), 1972. Under this, his provisional pension benefit is restored before retirement. Even after failing to submit the pension claim form immediately before retirement, the amount of pension is calculated by calculating the entire dues.
During the lockdown imposed by the government to control the Covid infection, several webinars were organized for the betterment of mental health of elderly pensioners. Pensioners have also benefited from this.
Nidhi Malviya is fun loving girl. She writes at NoobFeeds about various topics related to Finance, Technology, Business etc.